We are hiring a Microsoft Project Scheduler to work at our Ship building company in Morgan City, LA
As a member of the new construction and fabrication management team, this position leads the process for creating, managing, monitoring and ensuring the integrity and timeliness of all project schedules. He/she participates with project cost accountant to resource load schedules, produce projections, and support financial management tools and financial reports throughout the duration of all significant projects. The incumbent provides regular schedule reports, projections, and analyses to Project/Program Team, customers, and senior management. The role prepares ad hoc reports and analyses as required.
Morgan City, LA
Essential Functions And Major Responsibilities:
(This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’s overall responsibilities)
- Leads the PMT process for project estimates, proposals, contracts, specifications, drawings and other basic source data to develop a realistic and rational project execution strategy recommendation to the Project Management Team.
- Review specifications and contract documents; understand the project work, and the schedule and reporting requirements of the contract. Assume responsibility for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Lead project team members in PERT planning process; obtain input and participation in schedule development.
- Solicit input and participation by team subcontractors in planning and scheduling process. Integrate schedules from multiple providers.
- Identify correct logical relationships, constraints, etc. and propose best schedule methodology for the project. Comply with contract requirements for schedules and reporting.
- Create and manage all required project schedules, utilizing scheduling software required, including MS Project and P6.
- Participate with the project management and production management teams to create Work Breakdown Structure for projects.
- Participate with production management team to develop budgets and resource and cost load schedule activities. Produce labor projections, graphs, and reports.
- Maintain, manage multiple project schedules. Solicit and input weekly progress updates.
- Produce schedules and schedule reports as required for both internal management and reporting to external customers.
- Produce schedule reports in support of customer invoicing.
- Incorporate scope changes and other changes to project schedules, analyze and report impacts.
- Communicate with project management team to ensure that scheduling and EVMS efforts are managed in accordance with the contract requirements and meet internal reporting and management needs.
- Works with internal and external resources to resolve conflicts, problems, and coordinate schedules.
Operates within general parameters, but must use sound judgment and independent decision-making when carrying our most job responsibilities. Has the ability to influence and recommend modifying existing protocols. No budget responsibility, but does monitor contract and subcontract performance to establish progress and status. Failure to meet customer expectations and requirements could result in increased costs, affect cash flow.
This role interacts with all levels of management in the New Construction team, and multiple subcontractors. Must assemble and lead team members, including subcontractor representatives, through planning process meetings, and schedule review and progressing meetings.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written for constant interaction with all departments and employee levels and outside customers.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate employees in a production environment. Must be a team builder.
- Must have the analytical ability to research problem areas and special requests.
- Must be a self-starter, well organized, detailed and customer (internal and external) oriented.
- Ability to read and comprehend work specifications, work orders, blueprints, contracts and technical publications.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority, time sensitive projects.
- Ability to schedule, direct and organize work within a diverse department and coordinate work with other departments to maintain efficiency.
- Must possess the ability to facilitate group decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Must be able to react and perform in emergency situations.
- Ability to use PC and software applications such as MS Office, MS Project, Primavera version P6 scheduling and Database programs.
- Must be experienced using MS Project and software.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required. AA degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Schedule creation, management capacity. The individual must have experience and familiarity with budgeting, estimating, and planning/scheduling principles. He/she must have thorough knowledge of shipyard production procedures for vessel construction and/or ship repair methods and processes. Project management experience is a plus. Experience and knowledge of cost accounting, material procurement and data processing systems is also a plus.
Work is conducted in a dynamic, fast-paced office setting with moderate to loud noise levels from production activity in the shipyard. 50% normal office environment; 50% of time spent in production areas in yard and aboard ships. The individual may be required to be in production areas in yard and onboard ships. He/she must be able to walk to and from job sites. The person must be able to climb inclined stairways and vertical ladders; to enter confined areas and tanks; to work at heights. He/she may be required to work more than 8-hour shifts and weekend work. There may be local travel and out-of-town travel (including air travel) up to 5% of the time with notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While in production areas, the individual will be exposed to all weather conditions, noise, dusts and odors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.